Sunday, 2 February 2014

Futspiration - Home addition #1

I've had such a crappy week. For loads reasons but the majority of it being because of school. When I came home on Friday I decided that I could either a) sulk or b) get up and do something about it. I slapped myself out of it and choose b. I needed something to cheer me up and then I remembered that I had been planning a new series for my blog : Futspiration (a genius fusion of future and inspiration hahaha). So I sat down, went on Pintrest for some inspiration and got pinning. I also discovered this beautiful song by Katy Perry so have a listen - By the Grace of God.

This new series will replace Style Icons (you can find the last post here) so will be once monthly but instead of towards the ending, it will be within the first week of a new month. I'm hoping to keep this going up until the summer when I will start a different series! So without further ado, please enjoy what I would like my future house to look like!

Home Addition Part One

Kitchen



For my future kitchen, I've always wanted a light and airy space. My favorite of these three pictures is definitely the first one. I especially love the size of it, its not to big or small and from the corner, I think I see a green sofa which means its probably a little bit bigger than the picture says. I also love the how the windows go all around the kitchen, the light that would pour into the kitchen on a summers day just makes me swoon. Just in case you couldn't tell from the pictures, a definite must in my kitchen is an island. I've always, always wanted one but the kitchen in  my house is too small to fit one. I preferably want one you can sit at like in the first picture, so whilst I'm cooking my family can just sit down and chill with me!

For the colour scheme, I want something very light, like the blue in the second picture. Its such a beautiful colour and goes brilliantly against with the white cupboards. I really like the island in the second picture as well because of the numerous drawers, you could really utilise the space (like putting cook books or mags in the little shelf). I also love the last picture, it may not be as light and airy as the above two but I think its just as gorgeous. I'm still debating an open plan kitchen. It looks great but like what if someone is trying to watch a movie but someone else is trying to bake and they're busy whisking away with the noisy hand mixer? And what about when I decide to full on cook? The whole living room would stink of food. Oh future problems...

Living Room



I don't want a living room thats too big so that it can still feel close and cosy but I don't want want so small that everyone has to sit on top of each other. Just like the kitchen, I want a lovely light and airy feel so definitely massive windows looking into the front of the house or garden. The second picture is my favorite because I love the fireplace; I would never be able to light it of course (useless when it comes to fire) . I love that with a fireplace you can decorate above it with whatever you like and how fab would the stockings look at Christmas?  I think the furniture in the both pictures is really cute as well.

Corridor 




I really like the whole composition of the corridor, I just love the way the doors open straight into it pouring light through, yes I am obsessed with light hahaha. The colours in the corridor are lovely as well. I would definitely change the decor though, not massive fan of the bust or the tall clock. The images with quotes are just ideas of what I want hanging in the entrance corridor of my house. When people first walk into my house , I want them to feel happy and loved, I want them to remember that God is there for them. As well as those, I want pictures of my whole family just hanging everywhere! 

So this was all I could be bothered to do today! I really had loads of fun doing this, on the way I found a quote that said "your dreams need you energy to make them come true" so doing this will hopefully one day be worth it! I really hoped you liked this post, if you did let me know in the comments! Let me know what ideas you have for your future or current home! 

Tosin x

I own none of the above pictures, copyright to all original authors who can be found on my Pintrest board.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I read, love and appreciate all your comments, if you want me to check out your blog then just leave a link! (but please don't ask me to follow you)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...