Tuesday, 4 February 2014

First attempt, Banoffee Pie.


Well. How long has it been since my last post on baked goods? Too long that's how long its been. I have actually been spending time in the kitchen (I've perfected cupcakes! Can now do them with eyes closed) its just a pain to try and photograph with a terrible digital camera and flour all over your hands. But when I saw Banoffee pie being made on the celebrity British Bake Off and how pretty straightforward it was, I just knew it was meant to be. Please excuse the lighting in the pictures, my ISO was acting up, sigh.

I found a really easy recipe online which you can check out for all the measurements.


























I can't even begin to express how much fun it was to put the Digestives into a bag and whack them to death with a rolling pin. I probably had more fun than a normal person should. Mix in the crumbs with the butter, press into the tin and pop into the fridge. So easy, I thought there was a catch.


























I really wish I could say the same for the toffee. What did I use instead of condensed milk? Evaporated. I didn't realise my mistake until I kept stirring and stirring and my toffee wasn't thickening. I knew something was off so I looked at the tin and nearly cried. I ran to the computer to see of there was still hope for my pie and luckily there was. Apparently there isn't much difference between the two but my toffee still wasn't getting thick and looked like it was starting to burn so what did I do? I chucked in a tablespoon of corn flour. Not the greatest idea as it left lumps but it worked!

 As you can see, this is where my ISO failed me. I sliced a few bananas (popping a few in my mouth as I went along) and placed them on top of the now cool toffee.

  I whipped the cream and dolloped it on top in an anyhow fashion. Fabulous.

 I grated some chocolate on the top and voila! I was done. The family loved it, I loved it, everyone on Facebook liked it. Smiles all round. I had so much fun baking this pie and I cannot wait to try out alternatives of it as this is the first Banoffee pie I've ever made and tasted. Have you ever made Banoffee pie? Ever tried it? Let me know!

Tosin x










5 comments:

  1. Ooh this looks glorious! This has really got me in the mood for some banoffee pie!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy. I've always wanted to try banoffee pie - might have to give it a go now! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks super yummy!
    www.adoramehitabel.co,uk
    @adoramehitabel

    ReplyDelete

I read, love and appreciate all your comments, if you want me to check out your blog then just leave a link! (but please don't ask me to follow you)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...