Thursday, 23 January 2014

Getting my Julia Child On.

I realise that I am a person who is very easily inspired. All it takes is a good movie, a good book or even a three minute clip to get me dreaming. So when I watched the awesome movie Julie and Julia right before the Christmas holidays, I just knew I wanted to learn everything there is to know about French cuisine. I looked online for where I could by Mastering the Art of French Cooking and I found a copy on Amazon for £10 which I thought was reasonably priced, except for the fact that I didn't have £10 to spare on a cook book. I decided that maybe it wasn't meant to be but saved it to my bookmarks just in case.

Putting cooking in the back of my mind, I carried on with life until yesterday, I went to my school library (which I never ever go to) and spotted it! I was so freaking happy! I didn't actually borrow it on my account (which would have been the right thing to do Tosin), I just took it because I'm planning on keeping it over the summer even though I won't be going back to my secondary school hahaha. I'll probably get my little sister to return it.

I am soooooooooo excited to start cooking out of this. No, I will not be attempting to make all the recipes within 365 days like Julie tried to (I simply do not have enough dedication or time) but like I said I will try as many as I can over the summer! Have you seen Julie and Julia? Do you like French cuisine? If you have or do, let me know!

Tosin x

3 comments:

  1. I love cooking so much! I don't blame you for nabbing it. I bet the recipes are going to taste AMAZING!

    Kassie - www.styledevoured.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi :) I'm Iwona and I am a blogger and illustrator :) I just found your blog, which is interesting and cute:) I really like it :) I would like to show you my blog and my illustrations and If you get a second, I' d love to hear your thoughts on topic my illustrations and blog:) I greet:)

    ReplyDelete

I read, love and appreciate all your comments, if you want me to check out your blog then just leave a link! (but please don't ask me to follow you)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...