Monday, 24 June 2013

'The book I was reading turned out to be crack'



Right, so I mentioned a few weeks ago in this post about a book called Starcrossed. I said I would save all the excitement for a separate post so here it is. This may be a fairly long post so grab a cup of tea, a pack of biscuits and enjoy! 

I have loved reading for as long as I can remember. The second I got my hands on a book, I wouldn't stop until the words where swimming on the page or my hands where aching. There is nothing I love more than to curl up with a book under a blanket with a cup of hot chocolate. Interrupt me while I am doing this and prepare to be yelled at. When people ask me how good a book is, I find it difficult enough to describe. So when people how a book makes me feel, forming together a group of coherent words to answer the question feels, at times, to be an extremely impossible task to complete. When I find the perfect book, my whole world stops. I can no longer do anything productive. I feel as if nothing else in the world matters and that nothing and no one can ruin my day as long as I have that book to get back to. The book is on my mind 24 hours a day 7 days a week. These kinda books are rare.

And then I found Starcrossed
I own none of the above images. Copyright to original authors.

This is the blurb for the first one: When shy, awkward Helen Hamilton sees Lucas Delos for the first time she thinks two things: the first, that he is the most ridiculously beautiful boy she has seen in her life; the second, that she wants to kill him with her bare hands. With an ancient curse making them loathe one another, Lucas and Helen have to keep their distance. But sometimes love is stronger than hate, and not even the gods themselves can prevent what will happen ...

I feel like I should mention that my favorite book prior to this was The Percy Jackson Series also a book on demi-gods. Since I've read these two series I have obtained an obsessive fixation on Greek Mythology.  Right back to Starcrossed.  Like I mentioned earlier, I find it difficult to describe how good a book is so I think the easiest way to do this is to list everything that I love about it. 


1. Helen. She is the type of main character that I just love. Timid and unbeknownst to how beautiful she is but still makes the right decisions. I hate main characters that so obviously make the wrong decisions. This is going to sound uber creepy but I loved watching her grow up from book to book. I felt like a mother watching her child turn into a responsible adult. I'm such a weirdo ha ha ha. She grew from someone who couldn't even use her own powers to practically a Goddess (the title of the last book). 

2. The romance. It was the perfect amount. You can get novels that have to much, you can have some that have to little. The first one was a little chocked full of it but I still loved it. It was a little bit like Romeo and Juliet, before you groan, no they don't both kill themselves after knowing each other for nothing more than a couple of days. This love slowly progressed, in fact they literally hated the sight of each other to begin with. And no romance novel is a romance novel unless there is some kind of love triangle, just wait for the second one, Dreamless.
3. The hotties. One of the things I love most about reading is that I feel as if I am in control. I can picture a character however I want to simply on the basis of the authors description. And goodness gracious me, where there hotties in this book or what?! Lucas made me swoon, Hector made me blush and Orion made my legs feel like jelly. Many of you may think I'm absolutely crazy but books are very real to me haha. 
4. The emotions. They were so raw and so real. This series made me laugh, it made me nervous, it filled me with fear, joy, anticipation, I even cried. Its an emotional rollercoster that I'm on with each character every step of the way.
5. Josephine Angelini. I just want to thank her for writing such a magnificent series. I've not read anything else by her but I need to now. She writes wonderfully and I cannot even fault to her.

That ends the list! I'm sure there is a few things I've forgotten but this will have to do.

Going back to reading, I don't just stop at paper back. Wattpad is a brilliant online website where you can discover millions of stories by mainly amateurs to suit your taste. I love this website, I really do. And my love for books and reading continues on. I've started writing since I was about 11 years old. I remember the first 'novel' I wrote called Falling Down, it was so bad! Overtime, I wrote loads of little unfinished projects but my longest running one was Just Another Blonde Geek which totaled nine chapters (it was really only just over 90 pages on word lol). But as of now, I am writing two novels. The first is a secret little thing I'm keeping to myself, the other, Prostatis, I've been planning for years but only just started writing. I've even posted the first chapter on Wattpad! 



Just in case you didn't catch it yet, I love reading. I always have and always will! 


I have a Goodreads account if you want to check out the books that I have read or add me as a friend. Thanks for taking the time to read this! Do you love reading? Greek Mythology? Starcrossed? If so, leave a comment below so we can talk for hours and be friends forever x

plumcherrytree

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read, love and appreciate all your comments, if you want me to check out your blog then just leave a link! (but please don't ask me to follow you)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...