Thursday, 20 June 2013

Shortbread.


A while ago, I felt like giving shortbread a try. The only other biscuits I have baked are cookies so I thought it would be interesting. I went online a found this very simple recipe from the BBC but just to be extra, I'm going to give a slightly more detailed version with pictures. 

Let me start by saying double the ingredients if you are looking to making more than 13 shortbread's. The website said the recipe would make 20-24 and it did not. So I'm going to write them doubled but when I made them they weren't doubled. 

Ingredients:
 250g Butter
110g Caster sugar
360g Plain flour

Start by preheating your oven to 190C.



Then beat the sugar and butter together until its smooth (I don't know why I didn't realise at this point just how small my mixture was) 


Then stir in the flour until the mixture is smooth; I rolled it into a ball because it was fun :)


Place the ball onto a clean work surface and then roll out until it's about one cm thick. 


Cut into rectangles or fingers or whatever your shape preference. You could even use cutters. I used a fork to add little details.


Then place into a greased or lined baking tray. 


Sprinkle with icing sugar and then place in the fridge for twenty minutes. After, pop it into the oven for 15-20 minutes and then hey presto, they're done! 


Leave on a wire rack to cool and then serve. Don't leave them to cool for to long or they will go hard! Best eaten hot, hot, hot.


Mine weren't particularly golden or crumbly but tasty none the less!

What biscuits have you baked?

plumcherrytree

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read, love and appreciate all your comments, if you want me to check out your blog then just leave a link! (but please don't ask me to follow you)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...