Saturday, 4 May 2013

Oatmeal Mask for Acne-Prone Skin.


A couple of weeks back, a friends of mine was talking to me about homemade face masks and how she once tried the Oatmeal and onion one for pimples. She gets the occasional breakout of acne as do I so I thought I'd search it up and give it a try. I found an easy to follow step by step online



Pour 1/4 of a cup of boiling water over the oatmeal and let it soak for about five minutes.
Oatmeal contains healthy fats. When they come into contact with your skin, these fats help to add moisture to soften and repair your skin.


Make a smooth puree of the onion in a food processor. Onions, because of their antimicrobial properties, work great on skin and can help prevent acne scarring. The onion also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. 


Add the onion and honey to the mix while it's still warm. Stir it and spread over your face and leave for ten minutes. If it's not thick enough, like mine and more honey. Honey is a fantastic moisturizer, it protects against damage and it promotes wound healing.


If you try this, let me know! 

There was no blog post last Saturday, this is usually a guaranteed day and will be from now on. I'm going to try to get them all scheduled in advance so they go up at twelve. I also write one post during the week, usually Tuesdays!

plumcherrytree

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read, love and appreciate all your comments, if you want me to check out your blog then just leave a link! (but please don't ask me to follow you)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...